4 MINUTE READ
‘Tis the season… to create the perfect Christmas gift basket! It’s never too early to get in the jolly gift giving spirit.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift idea for a customer, client, or loved one, you can never go wrong with a gift basket. So, grab your supplies, and get ready to put together the perfect Christmas gift basket for the holiday season.
If you’re thinking about what type of gift basket to create, here are five Christmas gift basket ideas that are perfect for the holidays. With different options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect assortment for that special someone.
1. Sweet treats gift basket
Food is the way into one’s heart – and this gift basket is the perfect way to satisfy any sweet tooth. With sweets, it’s best to cover all your bases. From candy to cookies and other pastries, you’ll want to include only the best in your Christmas gift basket full of sweet treats.
Here are a few suggestions on what types of sweets you should include in your sugary gift basket.
- Different types of candy, from chocolate to gummy bears
- Cookies – extra points if you include an assortment of Christmas cookies!
- Gingerbread house set, a classic and tasty Christmas treat and activity
- Cake or cookie mix to give the recipient a chance to get creative and make their own sweet treats for Christmas
- Christmas-themed cookie cutouts for all their baking endeavors
2. Salty snacks gift basket
For anyone who doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth, a gift basket with salty snacks is the way to go! For this Christmas gift basket, our inspiration comes from the different types of snacks you might find on a charcuterie board.
A charcuterie board is an assortment of snacks spread onto a board that is perfect for any Christmas gathering. Most charcuterie boards have cheese, crackers, and fruits.
Here are a few ideas for what to add to your salty snacks gift basket for Christmas.
- An assortment of cheeses, such as parmesan, cheddar, Manchego, Havarti, or burrata
- Multi-grain or buttery flaky crackers to go with the cheese
- Sliced cured meats, such as salami, prosciutto, or pepperoni
- Seedless grapes
3. Snow Day essentials gift basket
Snow is often considered one of the staples of the holiday season. If you want to play on this idea, you can put together a snow day essentials gift basket for Christmas.
Here are a few items to include in this Christmas gift basket.
- Hot chocolate and marshmallows for the chilly winter nights
- A mug to enjoy the hot chocolate in
- Board games or card games for when you’re snowed in
- Some light reading, including either a book or magazine
- A cozy blanket to keep warm by the fireplace
Extra points if you decorate the gift basket with snowflake cutouts or white tissue paper to resemble snow!
This collection is pictured in a 12 in x 10 in x 3½ in wooden gift basket crate by Carpenter Core.
4. Cozy comforts gift basket
This type of gift basket is the perfect idea for someone who just wants to snuggle by the fireplace this Christmas season. It is the perfect combination of simplicity meets comfort.
If you’re putting together a cozy gift basket for Christmas, here are a few items you must include.
- Oversized fur throw Knitted blanket
- Pair of slippers
- A coffee or hot chocolate mug
- Pair of fuzzy socks
Take things to the next level by choosing a comforting color scheme for the gift basket. Light purple or blue tones would be a great choice as soothing colors to work around.
5. Wine lovers' gift basket
The different items you can add to this gift basket makes up the perfect combination for any wine lover. A wine gift basket feels luxurious itself, so anyone who receives it will definitely feel special.
Here are a few things you absolutely must include in your wine lovers Christmas gift basket.
- One to two bottles of wine, with your choice of red, white, or both
- Christmas-themed coasters
- A set of wine glasses, either stemless or with a stem
- A small selection of cheeses to pair with the wine
- Mixed nuts as a salty snack
Wrap it up with a bow on top!
To finalize your Christmas gift basket of choice, wrap it up and don’t forget to add a festive bow on top! Whether you’ve decided to go with sweet treats or cozy comforts, we’re sure that your Christmas gift basket will be loved and well-received.
Do you have any more ideas on what type of Christmas gift basket you’d like to create?